Siete interessate/i all'uso della narrazione per l'approccio alla lingua inglese con bambini e bambine?
Vi proponiamo un breve corso online frutto dell'esperienza, delle iniziative e delle risorse raccolte durante il progetto Narrazioni in Lingua Inglese L2. I contenuti del workshop sono stati proposti durante iniziative di formazione insegnanti e durante i percorsi di preparazione per volonari/e narratopri e narratrici.
Dopo una breve introduzione il corso è diviso in tre parti, ciascuna centrata su un aspetto rilevante della narrazione in L2 . Un breve video presenta ciascuna delle tre parti e a seguire vengono proposte risorse e materiali per l'approfondimento.
Il corso è stato progettato e creato in lingua inglese.
In this brief video, Elisa Bertoldi will introduce the aims and the contents of the course. Watch the video and then have a look at the additional resources.
The first step in the organization of a storytelling session in English L2 is selecting a story and prepare to present it to children. Which critiria should be considered in the selection of the story? How should the language of the story be presented to children? Whatch the video then have a look at the resources.
- Slides from the video PART 1.
- References to sections of the book: 1.3 – 2.3 – 2.4
- A selection of children’s PICTURE BOOKS presented during the initiative Let’s Tell a Tale
- A selection of WORDLESS PICTURE BOOKS about nature and animals.
- The power of wordless picture books, a plurilingual video based on the illustrations of the silent book The Tree and The Seasons by Iela Mari.
- An example of the interpretation of the story We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by the famous author and storyteller Michael Rosen
- An example of the interpretation of the story How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth by Elisa Bertoldi
A storytelling sassion can be considered a performance. Which tips and strategies should the storyteller use to plan an effective performance in English for children? Watch the video then have a look at the resources.
- Slides from the video PART 2.
- References to sections of the book: 2.1 – 2.2 – 2.6 -2.7
- A brief VIDEO showing a storyteller establishing rapport with the children through a game at the beginning of the storytelling session.
- A brief VIDEO showing a storyteller involving children in interaction though the images of the story.
Environmental aspects, relational aspects and proxemics are extremely relevant in a storytelling session. How should the space be arranged? How can tools and props be introduced during the telling of a story? How shold the narrator relate to groups of children during storytelling sessions? Watch the video then have a look at the resources.
- Slides from the video PART 3
- References to sections of the book: 2.5 – 2.8 – Chapter 3 – Toolbox for storytellers
- Michael Rosen’s tips for performing poems and stories: VIDEO
- A sneak peek video of the initiative Let’s Tell a Tale.
- The Online Companion of the book “Let’s Tell a Tale” presents resources created for and during the events in the libraries.
- Bibliographical references for storytellers and storytelling.
- Online resources for storytelling.